Tuesday, January 28, 2020

KOBE.

Image result for kobe bryant championship

January 26, 2020 at 9:45 a.m. Los Angles and the entire world came to a stop when finding out the devastating news that Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna Bryant aka Gigi and nine others, died in a helicopter crash. 

Joseph Espritt Jr. - Kobe was way more than a star basketball player and an NBA champion. To me, he was a hero, role model, coach, businessman, an icon and leader. My favorite things about Kobe was his mindset, his demeanor, his killer instinct, and how he taught his 13-year-old daughter Gigi's basketball team the triangle offense. I find it funny because the New York Knicks couldn't learn this offense, and they were a pro basketball team. On the other hand, Gigi's basketball team learned it to a tee. Although they didn't learn it entirely, I still found that impressive.    One of my favorite Kobe moments was in 2010, the Lakers vs. the Orlando Magic. Kobe Bryant and Matt Branes were going at it all game. At one point in the game, Matt Branes was inbounding the ball, and Kobe was guarding the inbound, and while he was standing there, Branes fake pumped the ball in Kobe's face, and Kobe did not flinch. I was like wow Kobe is a bad dude. My other favorite moment of Kobe was just recently. It was him, and his daughter Gigi at the Brooklyn Nets vs. Atlanta Hawks game. There is a small clip of them courtside, and it looked like he was giving her a play by play or coaching her about the play, and I thought that was so cool. Gigi was so into the game and willing to learn everything about the game of basketball. She had that Mamba Mentality in her blood just like her father Kobe, which is so beautiful. I use to be team LeBron, and when Kobe and LeBron arguments would come up, I was on Lebron's side of the argument, but not until later, I realized wow Kobe is my generation's Jordan. Once I realized that I started to watch Kobe more and see his game, and I'm so glad I got the chance to see Kobe play in person. I attended his last game in 2016 in Houston, Texas. He only put up 15 points, but it was still amazing to see him play in person. I will remember that day and game forever. Long Live Kobe Bean Bryant, and may he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment